Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Baking Made Easy (with recipe links!)

If you've got little ones running around you know that trying to get fancy baking done is impossible.

Here's what I'm doing this year: lots of easy recipes that are freezer friendly. I've been working little by little the past three days and am done with most everything. I'll parcel it out from the freezer over the next week for our various celebrations.

First off, get your little one busy doing something fun, like playing in the sink. Ya, he'll make a mess, but doesn't he do that anyway? Better to have it contained.
Yeah, it's a mess. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Here's what I've made this year:

Pumpkin Layer Cheesecake Good and easy. Freezes well

Brutzel Bars (made with saltines) Tastes like toffee

Caramel Chex (with chocolate chips instead of candy) Tyler is the one who makes this

No Fail Peanut Butter Cocoa Fudge This actually failed for me the first time and I had to scale down the powdered sugar a little

Dark Chocolate Fudge couldn't believe it was that easy

Peanut Butter Graham Bars These are wonderful. Cut them small because a little goes a long way. You'll get the sugar shakes fast.

Oh, and we made Chocolate covered almonds. Just melted almond bark and mixed it with almonds. Easy.

Oh, and sugar cookies, but I don't like the recipe that much, so I'm not going to post it.

I'm also going to make Deep Dish Apple Pie With Its Own Crust on the day. I love that I don't have to roll out a crust for this. I already have apples sliced, waiting in the freezer.

I've also already made my Buttery Bread Machine Rolls and have them in the freezer. I do this after I plop them on the baking sheet, before baking. Instead, I put them in the freezer. Once frozen, I transfer to a bag and freeze. The day of, I set them back on the baking sheet and let them rise as they thaw.

So, what's cooking at your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment