Sunday, December 18, 2011

God blesses me and her!

Last Sunday we got to church a little early so I had a few minutes to talk to a good friend of mine. She shared with me that things are very grim financially right now. They were not going to be able to buy their children any Christmas presents; they were struggling just to pay the rent.

I shared with her about my recent Target trips and suggested do the same, using her food stamps. Nope, food stamp money is already gone for the month.

I walked away feeling very burdened and grieved. I prayed for them and I told the Lord that if he would provide an opportunity for me to have extra money, I would bless them with some money or some presents for the kids.

Before church was over that night, Hannah asked me to watch the kids on Monday.

Then, Hannah asked me to watch them all week.

Thursday, she paid me.

I had extra money!!! I was able to make some special purchases for my family, and I saved some money for my friend.

Saturday night I tried to give the money to my friend. She stopped me as I knew she would because she's stubborn that way :) I said "But, I prayed specifically and God blessed me with this money."

She said, "No, you don't understand. God blessed us, too." She went on to tell me that a relative had sent a Christmas card and had included a large amount of money with the card. So much that they called the relative to make sure that it was correct!

She said, "The Lord blessed both of us. So, keep your money for your family!"

I just love how God provided above and beyond! I feel like he saw my heart and my desire to bless my friend, so he took that and blessed me, then blessed the socks off of her. God is so good! And, I do tend to have a bit of a "fix-it" personality, so He also reminded me that he takes care of things way better than I can ;)

1 comment: