Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thanks, Target!

I am so amazed at how God bless us over and over again.

Currently I am glowing when I think about Christmas and how God has provided gifts for our children.

Because of our trip to California, Jim has prepped the kids for a smaller Christmas this year.

Thanks in large part to Target, the kids will be having a good Christmas!

Last week, Target came out with a coupon where you would receive a $10 gift card when you spent $50 or more. I was able to print two of them.

Last week was also pay week, which means grocery shopping week. I needed some basics, but didn't need to make a big trip, so I decided to do my shopping at Target so that I could get the $10 gift cards. I needed to buy a wedding present, too, so all in all, it made good sense.

On my first trip I bought the wedding present and groceries, bringing my total to just over $50. I gave the cashier my coupon and I received a $10 gift card back. While there, I noticed that the gift Tyler wanted was on sale for $10!

Later that evening, I went back to Target, sans Tyler, and picked up the $10 gift, plus another $40 worth of groceries. I paid with the $10 gift card that I had received in the first transaction and $40 cash. I gave the cashier my second "receive a $10 gift card" coupon, and got another $10 gift card. So, one free gift!

Then, yesterday Target released the same coupon again! I still had the $10 gift card, plus I had two coupons for free Huggies diapers that I had received from Huggies after writing to comment about their diapers, plus $20 in leftover grocery money. That totaled $50, so I was able to do the transaction again!

I purchased a gift for Jason which I was thrilled to find on sale for $7, two packs on Huggies, and then $20 worth of groceries that we needed. I paid as mentioned above and, again, gave the cashier my coupon and received a $10 gift card back.

I used that gift card to purchase a gift for Justin, which was also on sale for $7.

So, if you were following me, I was able to pick up 3 Christmas presents for free just by doing my grocery shopping at Target and using a coupon that they had made available "receive a $10 gift card when you spend $50 or more".

I believe the gift card is still available. You can check here for more information.

I'll tell you how we're getting the rest of our Christmas gifts for free/cheap soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment