Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Bible Reading Plan for 2011

One of my goals this year is to read through the entire Bible. I do well reading certain parts and not so well with others so this year I want to read the whole thing. However, I have admitted to myself that starting at the beginning and trying to read straight through doesn't work for me. I poop out somewhere about Numbers. Then I just start picking what I like and never read certain things, like the prophets.

So, while looking online for a helpful chart, I came across one that I thought would work. Every day of the week is assigned a theme: Epistles, Gospels, Prophecy, etc. Then, each day has certain readings that fit that theme. So, for this week, I read Romans 1-2 on Sunday (Epistles), Genesis 1-3 on Monday (Law), and Joshua 1-5 on Tuesday (History). I'm not sure how I'll like all the jumping around, but I'm definitely going to try.

Here is the chart if you are interested: 52 Week Bible Reading Plan

I'm also going to work my way through Beautiful in His Eyes again. I read it when we first moved here and I'd like to do it again. I'd actually like to read a lot of other books, too, but, alas, I can't afford all the books that I want to buy.

1 comment:

  1. Sister Caldwell, what helped me, Jared told me to read all the little books first. I did and guess what? I finished a lot of books of the bible that way and I was encouraged when I saw how many I was able to write down as completed. I have done the straight through way as well, I like that better but it does feel good to say, "I read this number of books and just this many to go". How exciting!

    ReplyDelete