Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Goals

I've had an enjoyable time today talking with my hubby about our goals, plans and dreams for this next year.

This year we will have to make some decision regarding our housing, most likely trying to buy a house. Scary. We will be looking at size, price, and location. Imagine scales trying to weigh it all out: This house is cheaper, but longer distance away. This house is bigger and closer, but more expensive.

We also want to pay off our van, which will be two years early, hooray!

We are also looking at the possibility of taking one of two different trips this year: Going to Houston in May for my cousin's wedding, or going to Seattle in June to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. Both trips would be for a long weekend as Justin will only be 2 and I've never left him. Jason has only been left overnight.

Decisions, decision.

All of this, of course, takes money, which we are definitely not swimming in. But, hopefully with some careful planning and a good tax check we can see some of these fulfilled.

I will also be taking the bull by the horns and sending in Tyler's DDD application as well as applying for a grant through the Department of Education (have to remember what the name of that thing was first!). Just today I got an email from the Boy Scouts, in response to an inquiry that I sent months ago!! Did you know that studies have shown that Autistic boys excel in Boy Scouts? Interesting! So, we may explore that route a little.

I also want to continue to work on bettering myself as a wife, mother and friend. Sometimes I feel like this area is two steps forward, one step back. And my prayer life. I've taken to praying in the bathroom with the fan on just so I can get some privacy!!!

Around the house I will be working on decluttering and spring cleaning, with the thought that we will likely be moving in approximately six months.

Anyway, that's what I'll be working on and praying about this next little while. January 9th begins our fast. I'm not looking forward to the fasting part, but I am looking forward to the spiritual recharge.

What's on your plate this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment