Friday, January 20, 2012

A Tree, Part II

I thought that this passage from Beautiful in God's Eyes went well with my thoughts about trees, fruits and seasons:

...Edith Schaeffer (a missionary's wife in France) says about the Proverbs 31 woman: "Certainly all the admirable things written about this woman did not take place in one year. It seems to me it is a summary of the great diversity of accomplishments and results of her work and imagination and talents over a long period of time." page 19

I loved this quote! How many times have I read about the Proverbs 31 woman and thought "I have to be doing ALL of this stuff, at the same time???? Impossible."

Mrs. Schaeffer points out that it could be that she does each of these things cumulatively, during different seasons of her life.

So, I'm not going to fret because my current season does not allow for me to do all of those things that the Proverbs 31 woman does, all at the same time.

I will, however, continue to be open to understanding what God does want me to be doing right now, because the greatest folly would be not doing anything at all.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Proverbs 31 is very encouraging to me and I like to read it almost every day. Usually when I start to grumble about getting up so early and not going to bed until midnight most of the time, because of trying to keep up with all of my responsibilities, I stop and read Proverbs 31, then I tip-toe in to see Rachel sleeping...then Josiah...and lie down in bed and pray that my children will grow up and call me a Proverbs 31 woman :-)

    ReplyDelete