Monday, February 27, 2012

I Just Don't Get It.


Source: Google

Yesterday morning I overheard a conversation that just left me shaking my head and thinking "I just don't get it."

Girl 1 tells Girl 2 about a recent trip to the Anthem outlets and how Coach was having a great sale.

Then she pulls out her new purse and they gush over it.

It was a little purse with an adjustable strap (smaller than the one in the picture up there). Typical Coach styling.

Girl 2 asks how much the purse cost.

Girl 1 says "Well, it's originally $200, but it was on sale for $59!"

They both walk out exclaiming over what a great deal it was.

I'm thinking to myself "$59! For a purse?!?! It's not even big enough to hold a diaper, much less a sippy cup, water bottle, wipes container, wallet, sunglasses, chapstick, Bible, some paper, crayons....Seriously??And it's not even that cute!"

I'm not a big fan of the Coach design (sshhh, don't tell anyone).

I just don't get it.

Even if I did like the style, I just can't fathom spending $59 on a purse. And I wonder who paid $200 for the purse. Maybe I've just been frugal too long, or thinking about providing for four kids has caused my brain to think in Savers and Goodwill values. But even when I was single I wouldn't have spent that much money on a purse.

I just don't get it.

And my husband is thankful for it.

7 comments:

  1. LOL! The only Coach I've ever owned is my coach baby bag and wristlet =) I have to admit it has been a awesome bag though, my others kept falling apart. What's funny is that when my husband bought it for me (birthday gift when I was going into the hospital to have Josiah) he used a coupon that was $100 off! I think if they can give out coupons for that much off, then they are overpricing them to begin with! I would probably never buy myself one but when someone wants to buy me one as a gift well.....I "down" with that! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, maybe quality is something to consider. At least for something that's going to be overused like a diaper bag.

      Lol at the $100 off coupon!

      Delete
  2. Oh Sis, This one is hard to explain because I'd first have to convince you to like the brand, Coach lol. All I can say is that I jump on the ban wagon while I was single with no debt, car, boyfriend or worries (lol). To some it might just be all about the name but I still have the 1st coach purse I bought 6 years ago in good condition (just needs a wash) and I'm currently on my 4th one and it will probably last me 5 years. They are great quality and come with a style that really doesn't go away. My husband says you can spend a little extra on something that will last or just buy cheap and keep replacing it. When it comes to sunglasses, I buy cheap because I always lose them. lol. Although I doubt I've won you over, that's basically what it's about for me. LOL. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, you do make some good points. Can you convince my husband? lol

      Delete
  3. lol. I probably can! jk. Men are hard to convince!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sis! If I could only convince you!!! At first my mom and I use to buy non brand purses and ours use to fall apart in about three months!! She then bought a Dooney about 3 yrs ago at an outlet where, not only were they discounted, but had an additional percentage off. She hasnt changed purses since and is still using the same one and there's not even a thread straggling! Three yrs and still looking good as new! I bought a Coach and Same story! Goes the same with shoes! I have coach sneakers and still get asked where I bought them! Even if their 2 yrs old! Where em to work, which mind you, I work with kids and do duty in dirt and rocks, and seriously, still looking as good as it did 2 yes ago. More money up front, but in comparison to buying shoes and purses every 3 months, it has saved me a whole lot more money!!!! By far!!!! My mom says quality might be more expensive at the moment but will save you money in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, I think I need to conduct an experiment...

      Thanks, I'm loving the perspective ;)

      Delete