Monday, February 27, 2012

Thoughts From Matthew 11

Some thoughts from today's Bible reading:

"Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not;" Matthew 11:20

I immediately thought about our church when I read this. I believe Valley Pentecostal Church could be described as a place wherein many great and mighty works are done. Yet we have many that still don't repent. They are sitting in our revival right now and haven't moved a muscle. Or they are backsliders who have already gone away.

The Lord continues: "Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgement, than for you." verses 21-22

Oh, I do not want the Lord to say "Woe unto you, Jennifer! if the miracles that I performed for your family had been done for another family, they would have giving up everything and served me with all of their hearts. But because you were lukewarm, because you sat in church and were unmoved, because you listened to so much preaching and felt me move so many times that you became immune and just yawned rather than travailed or worshiped, I'm going to "spew you out of my mouth"."

Heavenly Father, help me to served you according to your excellent greatness, according to your mighty acts!

No comments:

Post a Comment