Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Typical Conversation with Jason

I was ironing tonight's church clothes while having the following conversation with Jason, who will be four on Sunday, btw:

I'm gonna get an iron when I get big. I'm gonna iron the clothes for the mommy. I'm gonna get a baby.

Right now?

No, when I get big! Do I have to get married to get a baby?

Yes, you need to get married first.

Okay, I'm gonna get married.

Right now?

No, when I get big. Me and Justin aren't big yet.

(Picks up a hanky lying on my side table.) I'm gonna get hankies when I'm big because I'm gonna be the daddy. And I'll make the offering. Maybe I'll get an iphone when I get big. I'm gonna wear a tie tonight.

(Side note: every stop to think about what technology might be like when OUR kids are adults? Scary.)

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha!!!!! that is sooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little one's conversations. They really make you think, ya know? ;)

    ReplyDelete