Thursday, April 5, 2012

My children are deprived.

I don't buy much packaged food. First, I can't afford it (unless it's free with coupons) and, second, even if it's free, I don't think that it's good for my children, Tyler specifically, to have much of it. Instead I buy ingredients and make homemade snacks, which we eat with fruits and vegetables.

This morning we went to Sam's Club for our by-weekly shopping trip. Our cart was loaded with things like flour, sugar, eggs, cheese, yogurt, apples, bananas, strawberries, potatoes, and onions.

We got in line behind a mom and her 3 year old son. She only had a few things in her cart, some fancy coffee thing and Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.

Tyler looked at the cart and said, "Wow, that kid is so lucky. He gets Cinnamon Toast Crunch. All we get is fruits and vegetables."

I just smiled and said "Yup, your mother is so mean."

No comments:

Post a Comment