Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Give Me the Word

Today I had a conversation with one of my children that went something like this:


Mom, (insert crisis)!  What am I supposed to do???


I then tell the child exactly what they need to do to solve the problem.


But I don't want to do that!!!  What am I suppoooosed to dooooo????


Well, Child, if you don't do what I told you to do, then you have to suffer the consequences of your actions.


No, I can't suffer those consequences.  WHAT am I supposed tooooo dooooooo????


Child, nothing has changed.  These are your options.  Do what I said or suffer the consequences.

Bare in mind this is not the first time that I've had a conversation like this.

Later I was pray-thinking as I was taking a shower about this child and this conversation.  And I said in my mind, "Lord, what I supposed to do with this child???"


As the irony hit me, I couldn't help but laugh.  And I knew exactly what I needed to do.


It's all in the Word.  The answers have never changed.  I have the option to do what the Word says, or suffer the consequences.


As my fellow VPC bloggers have been mentioning this week, Pastor Garrett has been hitting hard the theme that we need the Word.  Everything we need to live a Godly life is found in the Word.


Sunday morning Pastor opened Sunday School by reading the words to a song that the youth choir sings "Give Me the Word".  I already had the chorus written in my Bible:


Give me the Word, make it plain and clear to me
Give me the Word, it's a light that I might see
Give me the Word, it's my total victory
Over every situation, Give me the Word

And that's exactly it.  Over EVERY situation, the answer is in the Word.

Lord, what am I supposed to do?  It's in the Word.




2 comments: