Thursday, May 10, 2012

If it's Monday, it's tacos

I'm going to try something new for our eating plan.

We're going to become one of those "If it's Monday, it's tacos" families.

Yeah, I know.  I hate that.  I love variety in my meals.  I love new recipes and making different things with common ingredients.

But, for a variety of reasons, that's not working great for us right now.  So, I'm hoping by implementing this plan, some problem areas will be smoothed out.  We shall see.

My goals for this change are:
  • Stay in budget
  • Weight loss
  • Encourage less snacking and healthier snacking
  • Offer foods that everyone likes and will eat
Here's the plan right now:

Sunday
  • Eggs, Potatoes, Sausage, or Cereal
  • Sticky Chicken, rice, salad
  • Apples, Peanut Butter, Popcorn
  • Grilled Quesadillas, Carrots and Ranch
Monday
  • Waffles
  • Apples, Peanut Butter, crackers
  • chicken nuggets, carrots and ranch
  • Snickerdoodles, raisins and peanuts
  • Tacos
Tuesday
  • Cinnamon Puffins
  • String Cheese, Banana slices
  • Grilled quesadillas, carrots and ranch
  • Snickerdoodles, apples and peanut butter
  • Chicken and rice soup, homemade bread
Wednesday
  • Eggs and Potatoes, or Cereal
  • Yogurt, Raisins and peanuts
  • Ramen, apples and peanut butter
  • Chocolate chip cookies, carrots and ranch
  • Oven-Fried chicken, rice, salad
Thursday
  • Cereal
  • Fruit Kabobs, cheese sticks
  • chicken nuggets, carrots and ranch
  • Chocolate Pudding Pops, crackers
  • Spaghetti, salad
Friday
  • Apple Crisp
  • Crackers, raisins and peanuts
  • ramen, carrots and ranch
  • Yogurt or Chocolate Pops, Popcorn
  • Tostadas
Saturday
  • French Toast
  • Crackers and peanut butter, fruit
  • leftover buffet
  • brownies, carrots and ranch
  • Tettrazini, salad
This comes in right around $200 every two weeks for us.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You mean I get FRENCH TOAST Saturday?! My fave!!

    ReplyDelete