Friday, June 1, 2012

Jars

Thanks to various blogs, pins, etc, including a comment from my friend Adrienne, this morning I made a boredom buster jar and a "you've been naughty, do a chore" jar.

I took some craft sticks and wrote ideas on both sides.  For the boredom buster, I wrote things like "Play restaurant" or "Read a story to the littles".  For the chores, I wrote easy things that don't get done nearly enough like "Wipe down the front door" or "Wipe down the washer and dryer".

If they are bored, they can choose ONE stick and must do what is written on either side of the stick, their choice.  They can only choose one stick per day.

On the other hand, there is no limit to the number of chores sticks that they can pull in a day ;).  Again, they are written on both sides, so they can choose which one to do.

So far I'm pleased and my door, washer and dryer look much better!

1 comment: