Friday, June 22, 2012

Preschool Links

Jason will be starting Kindergarten in the fall of 2013.  This coming school year, I want to do some home-preschooling with him, mainly letter and number recognition, scissor skills and tracing.

I found some great resources online and thought I would share them here.

I found this page extremely helpful in listing skills that children need to already have when starting kindergarten.  This will be my launching place as I plan our daily activities.




10 easy steps for helping your child learn how to read in a natural, everyday environment.  Excellent!


This site has lots of printables for scissor skills and tracing for beginning cursive.  Both of my older children struggled and still struggle with penmanship and I remember Sis Aldridge telling me that they needed more finger exercises, so that's where these activities will come in, along with lots of playdough play.  I will not be teaching the actual letters because Abeka has their own style and so I don't want to add any confusion.  I will be focusing on fine motor skill development, not the actual writing.
YES!!!  Cursive writing readiness worksheets.  Waves, circles, etc.  25 pages.

This is a great list of things to do to help develop your children's fine motor skills
Developing Fine Motor Skills.  Things to do to prepare your preschooler for the writing necessary in school

This is one more website for great preschool printables: art pages, scissor skills, number recognition
a variety of free printable preschool worksheets promoting early childhood education.  Colors, numbers, shapes, etc.

If you would like to follow my Preschool Pinterest board, click here

Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment