Thursday, August 30, 2012

Catching up

Justin is in the "mine" stage right now.  Everything belongs to him and he had it first.

The other day he came out holding a toy that belongs to Jason.  He showed me the toy and then held it to his chest and said "It's mine.  I got it for Christmas!" 

I laughed and said "No, that's Jason's.  He got it for his birthday." 

"Nope.  It's mine."


***********************

Justin also copies everything that Jason says.  Jason will come to me and tell me a story and Justin will come and stand right next to him and parrot everything that he says.  It's especially funny when he repeats something that makes absolutely no sense to him!

***********************

We have devotions with the kids every night.  Our devotions are very laid back and geared for the younger set, who call it "Sing Songs and Pray!"

The littles like to sing and run the aisles or stand on the coffee table.  Katelyn, of course, joins in the singing.  Tyler usually covers his head and says "No singing!"

One of our favorite song right now is This Little Light of Mine.  We also sing lots of One, One, One, Deep and Wide, I've Got the Joy, I've Got the Holy Ghost, Building Up the Temple, and If You're Happy.

We always end devotions by singing Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves the Little Children.

After we sing a couple of songs, I quiz the kids on the week's memory verse.  Then I read a story out of the Read and Learn Bible.  Jim prays and then we sing our ending song.

*************************

The other night I started devotions by singing Everybody Will Be Happy Over There.

Tyler asked where "over there" was.

Heaven.

Then he asked if there would be "nummies" (good food) there.

I said I didn't know for sure, but that the Bible says it will be the marriage supper of the Lamb.  I then said that I had heard someone (Amy or Sis Tabla?) say one time that it would be so interesting because God would be satisfying all kinds of different tastes since there will be so many different cultures and eating habits represented in Heaven.

Then Tyler wanted to know if he would be able to jump high in Heaven.  The three of us had an interesting, fun discussion about what Heaven will be like, what we know and what we don't know.

I just love when we get to have conversations about spiritual things, whether they are deep and serious, or light-hearted and fun.

*************************

So the next morning, we were on our way to school.  Tyler was being a grump so I countered by starting to sing Everybody Will Be Happy Over There.  Really loud.

Tyler yelled "No!  Don't sing that!  Besides, we aren't over there yet!"

"So you don't have to be happy yet?"

"No!  Not yet!" 

He's not going to be happy any sooner than he has to!

***************************

The same day  Tyler came to me with his Assignment Page.  He held it up and said "I am not going to read backwards that far!"

I had written 72-29.

That kid is a hoot!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, T, I didnt know you were so funny!
    (P.S. he thinks this post is stupid)

    ReplyDelete