Friday, October 26, 2012

Ain't God good?

I just want to give God praise for his goodness and faithfulness to our family.

I know that we are not the only ones struggling financially, and I know that there are lots who are struggling much worse than we are, but, you know, sometimes you forget that.

Especially when the vehicle start acting up the day before you plan to go get the emission testing done.

So I want to take a moment to remember the good things:

First, for a very special unmentionable blessing.  God saw a need and met it in a way I totally did not expect.  I felt so humbled and loved.

Next, the boys have been needing church clothes.  I finally saved some money and went to the thrift stores and found a few pants, but no shirts.

Our church bus ministry is having a rummage sale tomorrow, and were already setting up tonight, so when we went to pick Katelyn up from youth service, I hopped out to see if there were any church clothes.

I found a bunch of church shirts for Jason and Justin!

Then, I asked the ladies that were setting up if they would set aside any size 12 shirts for me, because Tyler needed shirts.

One of the ladies said, "Oh, I have some of that size that my son outgrew!"

I said that I would be more than happy to buy them from her.

She said "No, they are hand-me-downs.  I just didn't know who to give them to."

I am so thrilled to finally have the church clothes that my boys needed!

Finally, while at the sale, Katelyn found this dinnerware set.  It was $15!  It's Pfaltgraff's Filigree set and retails on Amazon for over $100.  It's an 8 piece set, plus an oval platter in perfect condition.

I was going to let it go, but Katelyn insisted on buying for me for Christmas.  She's such a sweety!  I'm thrilled to have some nice dinnerware again!

There are also some other financial possibilities on the horizon, but I don't want to count my chicken while they are still eggs, so I'll save it.

Thank you, Lord, for your blessing to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment