Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The voice of God

This morning I discovered chicken pox on Tyler.  The kid was vaccinated, but...Same thing happened to Katelyn at the same age!

While I was on the phone with the doctor, a person very dear to me called on the other line.  When I called her back, she said that God told her to bring us dinner tonight.

I'm overwhelmed by God's timing.  No, chicken pox is not the worst thing ever, and I could have made dinner and been fine.  But, just that little touch that said "God loves you, and so do I" just made my day.

When I asked my friend about it, she said God had actually been talking to her for about a week, she just felt she couldn't do it until today.  I got to thinking:  how many times do we hear little prompts from God and don't follow through?  I know I do.  I have someone that I've needed to make a meal for for almost a month now, and I haven't because of one reason or another, some of them very valid!  But, I need to "just do it", to borrow the phrase.

Listen to the voice of God.  You may feel embarrassed, inadequate, or just plain busy.  But you never know when your seemingly small gift makes the world of difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment