Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy World Autism Awareness Day!

Today is World Autism Awareness Day.

Do you know that?

I admit that I didn't.

It seems like our calendars are becoming so filled with This Awareness Day and That Awareness Day that, truthfully, I pretty much turn it off.

I just happened to find out when I read today's post at Meet Penny.

Be a friend to this child today. Include this child and his or her family in your prayers. Remember to invite this child to your home for play dates. Look beyond the mystery and find the person. Celebrate what we sometimes cannot because we are stifled by the mystery that we live each day. (From Meet Penny)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that post! Autism Awareness deserves more than just a day though (in my opinion). Autism and it's great mystery and complexity has a special place in my heart enough so that it's my dream to be a special education teacher. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd be great at it. The kids loved you when you volunteered at GCA.

      Delete