Monday, June 3, 2013

Not Supposed To

Today I had to drive Tyler to his new school in Chandler so that he could take assessment tests.  The drive was relatively easy as it was Monday-light and 9 A.M.

We met the principal and received a tour of the beautiful new facility.  Tyler took his tests.  The staff handled him beautifully.  It was all perfect.

While Tyler was testing, the boys and I tested the drive to Chandler-Gilbert Community College, where I am praying to get the job that I applied for.  The drive was a simple six mile "L" and took less than 10 minutes

As I was driving back, I thought to myself, "Perfect.  It all seems perfect."  But there's a little piece of me that screams "No!  It's not perfect!  This is not the way that things are supposed to be!"

I'm not supposed to have a child with Asperger's.

I'm not supposed to have a child who goes to a school other than GCA.

I'm not supposed to have to drive my child 33 miles to said different school every day, and I'm surely not supposed to have to get a job so that I don't have to do the drive twice a day.

I'm not supposed to have to get this job before all four of my children are in school, and I'm not supposed to have to put my 3 year old in someone else's care.

This is not the way things are supposed to be.  Right???

But it is the way things are.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me.  Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment