Sunday, April 5, 2015

AUTISM AWESOMENESS!

I am absolutely amazed by how awesome 
World Autism Day turned out.

So, besides the message here, I texted my family and a small handful of my friends.  Well, Ms. Amy Gardner forwarded that text to just about the whole church!  I could not believe all of the people who told me that they were wearing blue for Tyler.

One of the most overwhelming things was getting to work at Glendale Christian Academy Thursday morning to find that Every.Single.Teacher was wearing blue.  I cannot express how loved and supported that made me feel.  Even the principal had pinned a blue ribbon to his shirt.

Later I heard that the students were asking why everyone was wearing blue, and when they heard they said that next year, they all want to wear blue (of course, uniforms are blue already, lol)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the outpouring of support.

Here are the pictures that I received:

Grandma Brenda

Grandpa Jim

Tanya Johnson, Sis Ward, and me
Vance Gardner



Janessa Aldridge


Sis Aldridge and Janessa

Auntie Amy

Rachel Gardner and Jenny

Vance

Vance, again :)

Tanya Johnson

Uncle Andrew

Grandma Dotty and Grandpa Bob

Grandma Carol

Me :)
My coworker, Teresa Sesma, made and wore this sign


My boys both wore blue, as did  my husband, but they were not camera-cooperative :)

Katelyn DIY'd a shirt; you can check it out at her blog "Drama Queen"--link right over there  --->

I have at least three more pictures to find and post, but wanted to get this up


THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!


p.s.  Down Syndrome day is March 21.  Colors are blue and yellow.  Next year!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I will def wear blue next year! I didn't know about it or i would of:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I didn't get posted on the wall of fame? Did you accidentally delete it again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tibet is without doubt one of the most remarkable places to visit in Asia. It offers fabulous monastery sights, breathtaking high-altitude treks, stunning views of the world’s highest mountains and one of the most likeable peoples you will ever meet.
    magento development company in uk

    ReplyDelete